Grace Bylaws - A1. Statement of Purpose
Page 9 of 14I1. Duties of Officers
I1.01. Duties of the President
1. The President shall preside over congregation meetings and he shall also preside over Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings.
2. The President shall sign all forms, documents, and official papers requiring signature by the congregation.
3. The President shall be available for consultation with staff and congregational members.
4. The President shall work closely with the pastoral staff.
5. The President shall ensure that each member of the Board of Directors and the various boards are aware of their duties and responsibilities.
I1.02. Duties of the Vice-President
1. The Vice-President shall perform all duties of the President in the President’s absence and, in case of extended disability or expulsion of the President, shall succeed the President in office for the remainder of the term.
2. The Vice-President shall be available for consultation with all boards, committees, organizations, and individuals.
3. The Vice-President shall sign all forms, documents, and official papers requiring signature by the Vice-President.
I1.03. Duties of the Secretary
1. The Secretary shall ensure the keeping of accurate minutes of each meeting of the congregation, the Board of Directors, and the Executive Committee.
2. The Secretary shall distribute copies of the minutes of the meetings to each member of the respective body as well as to the staff and any congregation member who requests a copy.
3. The Secretary shall call the attention of the chair to any business of a previous meeting that has been tabled for later action.
4. The Secretary shall sign all forms, documents, and official papers requiring signature by the Congregation Secretary.
I1.04 Duties of the Treasurer
1. The Treasurer shall ensure the keeping of accurate financial records and ensure that the Board of Directors is provided the necessary financial reports to fulfill their responsibilities as defined in Section 12.06 of the Constitution.
2. The Treasurer shall sign all forms, documents, and official papers requiring signature by the Congregation Treasurer.