Grace Bylaws - A1. Statement of Purpose
Page 13 of 14M1. Nominating Committee
M1.01 Duties of the Nominating Committee
1. The Nominating Committee shall consist of the Senior Pastor and three voting members of this congregation. The Board of Directors shall elect the three members once annually at the first regularly scheduled board meeting immediately following the congregation meeting at which elections were held.
2. The Nominating Committee’s term shall expire after the election of board members.
3. The Nominating Committee shall nominate candidates for the offices to be filled and shall secure the consent of each candidate.
4. The Nominating Committee may request nomination of candidates from the Board of Directors, staff, or congregation in advance of the congregation meeting at which elections are held.
5. Nominations from the floor at the congregation meeting are not permitted.
6. The Nominating Committee shall ensure a diverse board by looking for candidates who have experience in a variety of areas, including but not limited to business, legal, financial, leadership, education, and human resources.
7. When seeking and evaluating prospective candidates the Nominating Committee shall assess the current Board of Directors background and gifts, as well as the number of replacements needed to determine what qualities and experiences will best serve the Board of Directors and this congregation.
8. The Nominating Committee shall evaluate each potential candidate based on the candidate’s adherence to the five faith values as defined in section 12.02 of the Constitution.
9. The Nominating Committee shall present a list of candidates to the Board of Directors at the Board of Directors meeting one month prior to the congregational meeting at which elections are held. This list will include all candidates considered, and will also include the Nominating Committee’s recommendations in order of priority.
10. Candidates selected by the Nominating Committee shall be made known to the congregation with the announcement to the congregation concerning the forthcoming election as defined in section H1.01 of these Bylaws.